Thursday, March 6, 2014

When did I grow up?



Yesterday I attended my first MOPS meeting and I was talking to a few of the other moms when I was asked, "how many kids do you have?"

As I answered, "two" I thought, wow, that sounds so grown up.  So adult like.  I'm a wife, a mother, a friend.  I mean, people depend on me.  It is my job to pay bills, make sure my kids get fed wholesome food, that they have clean clothes and linens, clean the house, make sure we have a stocked kitchen, the list goes on.  I love this life I have, but for some reason I've just felt so "adult" lately.  It is intimidating to have so much responsibility. 

Sometimes I really just want to sleep until 10, workout, watch trashy tv, have a spic and span house, get a pedicure, go shopping, work three 12-hr shifts in a row without feeling guilty or homesick, dress up  and go on a date with my hubby or out with the girls without having to get a sitter, pee without company, take a nap,eat chocolate in peace, have disposable funds, I could go on and on.  However, apparently from this list, if I didn't have kids, I'd be a well groomed, well dressed, 800lb woman with a pretty boring life. 

However, as I do love being a mom and embrace all of my responsibilities with purpose (most of the time) I do think it is beneficial to have "me" time.  To know who I am without the "mom" title. Photography helps give me a creative outlet, but I'm in need of some R&R.  A massage, pedicure, highlights, or heck, let's just go with the basics of a full night of sleep and an uninterrupted shower.

Until then, I'll keep  enjoying my everyday, which looks like this:





1 comment:

  1. I was thinking about that the other day too actually. How did we go from these college girls to you now having two kids!! Crazy! I don't have the kiddos but I'm in need of some R&R too - wish we lived closer to go get a pedi and catch up on some trashy TV together. Miss you.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...